California labor and employment law is, as we all know, unique and challenging! Attend the North American Transportation Employee Relations Association’s (NATERA) one-day California seminar on Thursday, June 29 from 8:00 am – 3:30 pm at the headquarters of JJ Trucking in Ontario, CA to learn just how unique!
Gain important, timely information from knowledgeable speakers and your fellow trucking company peers on how to successfully meet California’s labor and employment law challenges. We guarantee you will come away with new ideas and valuable practical tips for you and your company. This special one-day California seminar is modeled after NATERA’s popular and highly-successful annual conference, this year being held in Houston, TX, from Sep. 17 – 19 (link).
CALIFORNIA SEMINAR PROGRAM AGENDA NATERA’s unique California seminar includes a Welcome from the California Trucking Association (CTA) and the American Trucking Associations (ATA), as well as discussion of such timely topics as:
• the Top 5 Employment Traps for California Motor Carriers • maintaining compensation plans which meet federal and California laws
• the latest developments on lawful classification of independent contractors in California
• what California laws apply to drivers who cross state lines, and when do they apply
• strategies to avoid or defeat class action law suits even in California’s litigious environment
• latest developments and successful strategies to address union organizing and bargaining in California, including how to avoid “joint employer” allegations, preventing challenges to your handbooks and company rules, and how to lawfully address absences from work to participate in political protests.
NETWORKING & SOCIAL EVENTS In addition to panel discussions, the seminar will include opportunities for meeting and networking with your peers in a relaxed social environment, including:
• Closing Roundtable Discussion • pre-seminar “Dutch Treat” reception and dinner Wednesday night, June 28 at Rossa’s Cucina in Ontario, CA